Emily Hearne Cate papers
Papers created and/or collected by Emily H. Cate, including information on physical and occupational therapy in South Carolina between 1945-1969. Other organizational affiliations represented include records, 1946-1968, documenting Cate's work as a physical therapy consultant and as director of the orthopedic camps run by the Crippled Children's Division of the S.C. Board of Health, including detailed attendance and financial records, correspondence, reports and related material re the American Camping Association, which accredited the camps. Papers, 1958-1968 of the American Occupational Therapy Association; records, 1961-1968, of the Friendship Center of Columbia, documenting this community center for post-hospitalized psychiatric patients; records 1937-1983, of the Yellow Jessamine Garden Club, Columbia, S.C.
- Cate, Emily Hearne (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
All rights reside with creator. For permission to reproduce or publish, please contact The South Caroliniana Library.
5 Linear Feet
Papers of Emily Hearne Cate, first registered physical therapist in South Carolina; born, 1905; died 1993.
- Altrusa Club of Columbia (Columbia, S.C.) -- Records and correspondence.
- American Physical Therapy Association -- Records and correspondence.
- American Camping Association -- Records and correspondence.
- American Occupational Therapy Association -- Records and correspondence.
- Camps for people with disabilities.
- Cerebral palsied.
- Children with disabilities.
- Easter Seal Society for Crippled Children and Adults of South Carolina -- Records and correspondence.
- Friendship Center ( Columbia, S.C.) -- Records and correspondence.
- Gardening -- Southern States.
- Health boards -- United States.
- Learning disabilities -- United States.
- Muscular Dystrophy Association. Columbia chapter -- Records and correspondence.
- Occupational therapy.
- Older people -- Southern States.
- People with disabilities -- Health and hygiene.
- People with disabilities -- Recreation.
- Richland-Lexington Council on Aging (S.C.) -- Records and correspondence.
- South Carolina Association for Retarded Children -- Records and correspondence.
- South Carolina Citizens Committee on Children and Youth -- Records and correspondence.
- South Carolina Junior Chamber of Commerce -- Records and correspondence.
- South Carolina Mental Health Association -- Records and correspondence.
- South Carolina Public Health Association
- South Carolina State Nurses Association -- Records and correspondence.
- Yellow Jessamine Garden Club (Columbia, S.C.) -- Records and correspondece.
- Youth with disabilities.
Part of the South Caroliniana Library Repository
910 Sumter St.
University of South Carolina
Columbia SC 29208 USA
(803) 777-5747 (Fax)
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script