Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Scope and Contents Consisting of correspondence, scrapbooks, programs, and newspaper clippings documenting Boineau's association with United Daughters of the Confederacy but also with such other organizations as Columbia Junior Chamber of Commerce [Jaycees]; S.C. Chapter of the Arthritis Foundation; S.C. Heart Association; S.C. Council for the Common Good; Y.W.C.A. of Columbia; Woman's Club of Columbia; S.C. Federation of Women's Clubs; Boys' Clubs of Greater Columbia; Columbia Museum of Art; Columbia Festival...
Scope and Contents Thirty cartons plus forty-seven oversized, 3” deep flat file boxes, 1923-2014, of correspondence, personal papers, photographs, and artwork, reveal the life and work of this South Carolina artist who spent his entire working career (1949-1987) as the illustrator for The State newspaper. The single largest unit of materials in the collection consists of Smyrl’s artwork, most of it primarily created daily for the newspaper. Covering everything from local to global news, this artwork especially...
Dates: 1923 - 2014
Scope and Content The papers of Rosslee Tenetha Green Douglas, nurse, educator, and twice Presidential appointee under the Reagan administration, spans the years 1938 though 2003, the bulk of the collection dates from 1978 through 1989. Materials include correspondence; invitations, photographs, scrapbooks and miscellaneous printed items revealing the political and social commitments of Green Douglas.A native of Florence County, who spent her youth in Charleston, S.C., Rosslee Green graduated high...
- Columbia (S.C.) -- Social life and customs. 2
- South Carolina -- Politics and government -- 1951- 2
- African American journalists -- Biography. 1
- African American nurses -- Biography. 1
- American wit and humor, Pictorial. 1
- Columbia (S.C.) -- History. 1
- Commercial art -- United States. 1
- Editorial cartoons -- United States. 1
- Graphic arts -- United States. 1
- Medical personnel -- United States. 1
- Music -- Societies, etc. 1
- Newspaper publishing -- United States -- History. 1
- Politicians -- United States. 1
- Women -- Societies and clubs. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Pacific Area. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. 1 ∧ less