Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
Scope and Contents Professor Joel Myerson, former chair of the English Department at the University of South Carolina, is one of the leading scholars in the area of nineteenth-century American literature, particularly in the area of Transcendentalism. He has spent the past 30 years building this collection of Ralph Waldo Emerson and other transcendentalists, along with its accompanying Collection of Nineteenth-Century American Literature. Ralph Waldo Emerson (1803-1882), was a significant figure...
Dates: 1787-1931; Majority of material found within 1820-1890
Scope and Contents This collection comprises a disparate set of materials by or collected by the Montreal landscape architect William Ormiston Roy (1874-1958) and reflecting some of his varied interests. Included are materials by or about the poet- naturalist John Burroughs and his physician-companion Clara Barrus; English followers and imitators of Walt Whitman; materials, newspaper clippings, about Robert Burns including information on the later sale of some of his works. The whole of the collection was...
Dates: 1888 - 2009
- Authors, Scottish -- 18th century. 1
- Horticulture. 1
- Natural history -- United States. 1
- Naturalists -- United States -- Biography. 1
- Scottish literature -- 18th century. 1
- Transcendentalism in literature. 1 ∧ less
- Angus, William Craibe 1
- Barrus, Clara, 1864-1931 1
- Burns, Robert, 1759-1796 1
- Burroughs, John, 1837-1921 1
- Emerson, Ralph Waldo, 1803-1882 1