Showing Collections: 1 - 1 of 1
Butler Hare served South Carolina's 2nd District, 1925-1933, and 3rd District, 1939-1947, in the U.S. House of Representatives. As chairman of the House Insular Affairs Committee, 1931-1933, he authored the Philippine Independence Act, which began the process of granting independence to the Philippines, a United States possession since 1898.
c. 1900 - 2015; Majority of material found in c. 1928 - 1932 and 1942 - 1947
- Repository: South Carolina Political Collections
- Subject: South Carolina -- Politics and government.
- Subject: Legislators -- United States.
- Subject: Legislators -- United States -- Biography.
- Subject: Philippines -- Politics and government -- 1935-1946.