Showing Collections: 1 - 1 of 1
The League of Women Voters of Columbia/Richland County (S.C.) was organized as a provisional league in 1947, and recognized as a local league in 1950, one year after the recognition of the Charleston and Spartanburg leagues. These three local organizations formed the nucleus of the state League. The League is a non-partisan organization that encourages citizens to learn about and become active in national, state, and local government.
- Repository: South Carolina Political Collections X
- Subject: South Carolina -- Politics and government. X
- Subject: South Carolina -- Politics and government -- 1951- X
- Subject: Women -- Political activity -- United States. X
- Subject: Water -- Fluoridation. X
- Subject: Anti-communist movements -- United States. X