Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
Robert Witherspoon Hemphill Papers
Robert W. Hemphill served South Carolina's 5th District in the U.S. House of Representatives, 1957-1964. President Lyndon B. Johnson appointed him to a federal district court judgeship in April 1964, and he served in that capacity until his death in 1983. Previous public service included a stint in the South Carolina House of Representatives (Chester County), 1947-1948, and as Solicitor for the 6th Judicial Circuit, 1951-1956.
C. Bruce Littlejohn Papers
Cameron Bruce Littlejohn represented Spartanburg County in the South Carolina House of Representatives from 1937 to 1943 and 1947 to 1949, the latter three years as Speaker. He resigned in 1949 when he won a judicial appointment. For the next thirty-five years, Littlejohn served on South Carolina's Seventh Circuit Court and the South Carolina Supreme Court, attaining the post of Chief Justice in his last two years on the Court.
- Courthouses -- South Carolina. 1
- Criminal justice, Administration of -- United States. 1
- Criminal procedure -- United States. 1
- Legislators -- United States -- Biography. 1
- Presbyterians -- United States. 1
- War crime trials. 1 + ∧ less
- Cook, Weston Carrier 1
- Hemphill, Robert W. (Robert Witherspoon), 1915-1983 1
- Littlejohn family 1
- Littlejohn, Bruce, 1913-2007 1
- Purity Presbyterian Church (Chester, S.C.) 1