Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
Scope and Contents The Keller Bumgardner Barron collection consists of thirteen linear feet of material, c. 1916 to 2016, divided into six series: Personal, Public, Speeches, Clippings, Audiovisual, and Vertical File Materials. Personal papers include materials from Agnes Scott College, particularly from Barron’s involvement with its Alumni Association. Of note are scrapbooks that include clippings, documents, and photographs. The “Columbia Area Agnes Scott College Alumni Association” scrapbook,...
Dates: 1916 - 2016
Found in: South Carolina Political Collections
Scope and Contents note The records of the Young Women's Christian Association (Greenville, S.C.) document the organization's activities from its inception in 1917. Consisting chiefly of newspaper clippings, photographs, and administrative papers, the collection records the YWCA's locations and building campaigns, its involvement with racial and other social issues confronting Greenville, and its operation of Camp Burgiss Glen.The Building Fund Campaign of 1962 is a prominent feature of the collection,...
Found in: South Caroliniana Library
- Subject: Community development, urban -- United States. X
- South Caroliniana Library 1
- South Carolina Political Collections 1
- African American women -- South Carolina -- Columbia. 1
- Columbia (S.C.) -- Social conditions. 1
- Women -- South Carolina. 1
- Barron, Keller H. (Keller Bumgardner) 1
- Sistercare (Columbia, S.C.) 1
- Young Women's Christian Association (Columbia, S.C.) 1