Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Abstract This small collection consists primarily of papers and clippings concerning Ferillo's campaign work for Democratic candidates in the 1960s and 1970s, but also includes material from the 1950s through 2016.
Dates: 1950 - 2019
Abstract Marion Gressette served Orangeburg County for half a century in the South Carolina General Assembly. He began his public service in the House, 1925-1928, 1931-1932, and spent the majority of his career in the Senate, 1937-1984; President Pro Tempore, 1972-1984. Nicknamed the "Gray Fox" because of his legislative cunning and slicked-back gray hair, Gressette commanded the respect of political allies and adversaries alike.
Dates: c. 1920-1924, 1950-1984
Scope and Contents The collection series include Public, Personal, Speeches and Media, Audiovisual, and Clippings. Public papers include those from Riley’s service as a member of the South Carolina House of Representatives (1963 to 1967) and the South Carolina Senate (1967 to 1977), as Governor (1979 to 1987), and as Secretary of Education (1993 to 2001). Riley’s House papers include documentation of Greenville County issues, as well as a quantity of material on the Reapportionment...
Dates: c. 1898 - 2018
- Clinton, Bill (William Jefferson) 1
- Ferillo, Bud (Charles Traynor Ferillo, Jr.) 1
- Gressette, L. Marion (Lawrence Marion) 1
- Lader, Philip, 1946- 1
- Ravenel, Charles DuFort, 1938- 1
- Riley, Ann Yarborough 1
- Riley, Richard W. (Richard Wilson) 1
- Riley, Ted (Edward Patterson), 1900-1994 1
- South Carolina. General Assembly. Senate. Judiciary Committee 1
- United States Department of Education 1
- West, John Carl, 1922-2004 1
- Westmoreland, William C. (William Childs), 1914-2005 1
- Winthrop College 1 ∧ less