Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
Abstract Paul Kattenburg, a native of Belgium, served in the U.S. Foreign Service from 1950-1973, with postings to Washington, Saigon, Manila, Frankfurt, and Guyana. In 1973, Kattenburg took up a full-time professorship at the University of South Carolina. He was named Distinguished Professor Emeritus in 1986, but continued to teach at USC as well as in several visiting professorships. He also served periodically as an instructor for the University of Pittsburgh's Semester-At-Sea program.
Dates: 1938 - 2004
Found in: South Carolina Political Collections
Identifier: COD0000145-ACC 2015-0003
Scope and Contents This collection is comprised of footage from 1941 to the mid-1970s. There are 12,300 reels of 16mm and 35mm film in the initial transfer. The footage was recorded by Marine Corps photographers and includes combat film from World War II, the Korean War, and the Vietnam War. The films also document training, testing, and public relations activities.
Identifier: COD0000004-ACC 1996-0001
Scope and Contents This collection contains outtake footage shot by the news crews of Florence, South Carolina's CBS affiliate from 1958 to 1977. Contains 16mm color silent and sound film, documenting people and events around the state of South Carolina.
Scope and Content Note Spanning the twentieth century, this diverse collection of approximately seventy linear feet of the papers of William C. Westmoreland provides a critical perspective on three wars and other noteworthy events of the "American Century." The various materials document the General's military career; his personal and family life; his active schedule in the decades following his retirement; his libel suit against the CBS television network; and always above all, his staunch advocacy of...
Dates: ca. 1900-2005
Found in: South Caroliniana Library
Identifier: COD0000005-ACC 1984-0001
Scope and Contents This collection contains outtake footage shot by the news crews of Columbia, South Carolina's NBC affiliate from 1959 to 1980. It includes 16mm color and black and white films, both sound and silent, documenting people, events, and the political and cultural history of South Carolina. The collection also contains teleprompter scripts for broadcasts dating from 1963-1979.
- Subject: Vietnam War, 1961-1975 X
- Moving Image Research Collections (MIRC) 3
- South Caroliniana Library 1
- South Carolina Political Collections 1
- Thurmond, Strom, 1902-2003 2
- CBS Television Network 1
- Chandler, Cecil 1
- Connally, John Bowden, 1917-1993 1
- Cosmos Broadcasting Corporation 1
- Frazier, Joe, 1944-2011 1
- Hollings, Ernest F. 1
- Kattenburg family 1
- Kattenburg, Paul M. 1
- Kennedy, John F. (John Fitzgerald), 1917-1963 1
- King, Martin Luther, Jr., 1929-1968 1
- McGovern, George S. (George Stanley), 1922-2012 1
- McNair, Robert E. (Robert Evander), 1923-2007 1
- Nixon, Richard M. (Richard Milhous), 1913-1994 1
- Russell, Donald Stuart, 1906-1998 1
- United States. Army 1
- United States. Marine Corps 1
- United States. Marine Corps. History Division 1
- University of South Carolina 1
- WBTW-TV (Firm) 1
- WIS-TV (Firm) 1
- Westmoreland, William C. (William Childs), 1914-2005 1 ∧ less