Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Abstract Speaker, motivator, mentor, recruiter and leader, Moxon dedicated her life to service. She knew citizen groups could accomplish their goals through cooperation, hard work, and perseverance. Moxon was involved in and held positions in organizations and campaigns such as Advocates for Comprehensive Health Education (ACHE), SC Division of the American Association of University Women (AAUW), Common Cause of SC, Constitutional Convention Repeal Campaign, Equal Rights Amendment of SC (ERA), SC...
Dates: 1964 - 2006
Abstract The League of Women Voters of South Carolina was formed in 1951 from the three local leagues then existing in Charleston, Columbia and Spartanburg. The League is a non-partisan organization that encourages citizens to learn about and become active in national, state, and local government.
Dates: 1919 - 2021
Abstract Mary Kelly spent more than 35 years as an active environmentalist. She joined the League of Women Voters of South Carolina in 1972. At various times during the following decades, she served as the State League President, Co-President, Director, Natural Resources Chair, Associate Director, Spokesperson, and Grant Administrator. Kelly also served on committees and task forces created by the South Carolina Governor's Office, the South Carolina Department of Health and Environmental Control (DHEC),...
Dates: 1970 - 2008
Scope and Contents The Leverette collection consists of 19 linear feet of material. Series include General, Topical, Audiovisual, Speeches, Clippings, Vertical File Materials, and Scrapbooks. Within the Topical series, the most extensive subseries pertains to the League of Women Voters, documenting Leverette’s and her colleagues’ work in that organization, including research, discussion, and advocacy efforts on political and governmental issues; outreach and education; and voter service and protection. The...
Dates: c. 1943-2017; Majority of material found within 2002 - 2013
- Names: League of Women Voters of South Carolina X
- South Carolina -- Politics and government -- 1951- 3
- Women -- Political activity -- United States. 3
- Voter registration -- United States. 2
- Columbia (S.C.) -- Politics and government. 1
- Elections -- United States -- History. 1
- Equal rights amendments -- United States. 1
- Hazardous wastes -- United States. 1
- Nuclear facilities. 1
- Radioactive waste disposal. 1
- South Carolina -- Politics and government. 1
- Spent reactor fuels -- Storage. 1
- Women -- Legal status, laws, etc. -- United States. 1
- Women -- Societies and clubs. 1 ∧ less
- American Association of University Women. South Carolina Division 1
- Kelly, Mary T. 1
- League of Women Voters of Columbia/Richland County 1
- Leverette, Sarah 1
- Moxon, Barbara 1