Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Abstract This small collection consists primarily of papers and clippings concerning Ferillo's campaign work for Democratic candidates in the 1960s and 1970s, but also includes material from the 1950s through 2016.
Abstract This small collection consists of 75 photographs of public figures, including Speaker of the House Sol Blatt, state senator Edgar Brown (both in photo at right), Governor Robert McNair, state senator James P. "Spot" Mozingo, and Governor John West. The photos were taken by Doug Mauldin, a South Carolina journalist and photographer who worked for The State, the Greenville News, and the Associated Press, frequently reporting on state government.
Collection Description The Ashmore collection consists of 3.75 ft. of material, chiefly correspondence, speeches, and clippings of United States Congressman Robert T. Ashmore (1904-1989). Ashmore represented South Carolina’s 4th District in the United States House of Representatives between 1953 and 1969. Also included are records of his campaigns for office, 1935-1970, and work with the South Carolina Appalachian Council of Governments, 1970-1985.General correspondence includes both personal and public...
Scope and Content Note Spanning the twentieth century, this diverse collection of approximately seventy linear feet of the papers of William C. Westmoreland provides a critical perspective on three wars and other noteworthy events of the "American Century." The various materials document the General's military career; his personal and family life; his active schedule in the decades following his retirement; his libel suit against the CBS television network; and always above all, his staunch advocacy of...
Found in: South Caroliniana Library
- Names: Westmoreland, William C. (William Childs), 1914-2005 X
- South Carolina Political Collections 3
- South Caroliniana Library 1
- South Carolina -- Politics and government -- 1951- 2
- Baptists -- South Carolina -- Greenville. 1
- Civil rights. 1
- Education -- South Carolina. 1
- Elections -- United States -- History. 1
- Generals -- United States -- Correspondence. 1
- Judge advocates. 1
- Legislators -- United States. 1
- Political campaigns -- United States. 1
- Politicians -- United States. 1
- Rural schools -- United States. 1
- Schools -- Standards -- South Carolina. 1
- Vietnam War, 1961-1975 -- Personal narratives, American. 1
- Vietnam War, 1961-1975. 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American. 1 ∧ less