Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Abstract J. Drake Edens is recognized by many as the father of the modern Republican Party in South Carolina. He campaigned for Charles E. Boineau, Jr., William D. Workman, Jr., Barry Goldwater, Albert Watson, and Richard Nixon. He served as chair of the Republican Party of South Carolina, 1963-1965, and Republican National Committeeman for South Carolina, 1965-1972.
Dates: 1943 - 1982
Abstract Rembert Dennis was one of the most influential legislators of his time. His career spanned almost fifty years in the South Carolina House of Representatives (Berkeley County), 1939-1942, and the South Carolina Senate, 1943-1988.
Dates: 1938 - 1992
Abstract W.J. Bryan Dorn began his career in public service by representing Greenwood County in the S.C. House of Representatives, 1939-1940, and the S.C. Senate, 1941-1942. He enlisted in the Army Air Corps in 1942 and served for eighteen months in the European theater. Returning to his political career in 1947, he was elected to represent the 3rd District in the U.S. Congress and served for thirteen terms through 1974. Dorn was active in the leadership of the South Carolina Democratic Party and served...
Dates: 1912 - 2006
- Subject: Political campaigns -- United States -- History -- 20th century. X
- South Carolina -- Politics and government -- 1951- 2
- Elections -- Southern states. 1
- Finance, Public -- United States -- States. 1
- Politicians -- United States -- Biography. 1
- Presidents -- United States -- Election -- 1968. 1
- Richard B. Russell Dam (Ga. and S.C.) 1
- South Carolina -- Politics and government -- 1865-1950. 1
- Wildlife conservation -- Law and legislation -- United States. 1 ∧ less
- Dennis, Rembert C. (Rembert Coney) 1
- Dorn, William Jennings Bryan, 1916-2005 1
- Edens, J. Drake, Jr. (James Drake) 1
- Edens, Jenny 1
- Nixon, Richard M. (Richard Milhous), 1913-1994 1