Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Abstract Speaker, motivator, mentor, recruiter and leader, Moxon dedicated her life to service. She knew citizen groups could accomplish their goals through cooperation, hard work, and perseverance. Moxon was involved in and held positions in organizations and campaigns such as Advocates for Comprehensive Health Education (ACHE), SC Division of the American Association of University Women (AAUW), Common Cause of SC, Constitutional Convention Repeal Campaign, Equal Rights Amendment of SC (ERA), SC...
Dates: 1964 - 2006
Abstract Founded in 1948, the Spartanburg (S.C.) league was disbanded during the spring of 1960, and reorganized circa 1974-1975. The League of Women Voters is a non-partisan organization that encourages the informed and active participation of citizens in government and influences public policy through education and advocacy.
Dates: 1940-1961, 1973-1994
Abstract For over forty years, Dr. Nancy Moore was active in educating and improving the lives of women and African-Americans in South Carolina. Among her many accomplishments, she was SC ERA Chair for the League of Women Voters in 1978, an active participant on the ERA Countdown Campaign in 1982, and served two years as President of SC NOW (National Organization for Women) beginning in 1986. She is co-founder of the Spartanburg National Women's Political Caucus, which operated in the 1990s, and was the...
Dates: 1970 - 2008
Abstract Formed in January 1973, the Coalition was reorganized in 1975 as a public interest lobby to secure ratification of the Equal Rights Amendment to the federal constitution by South Carolina. The Coalition was co-funded by the League of Women Voters and the National Organization for Women and headed by Keller H. Barron as legislative coordinator to handle political strategy and Janet Wedlock as field coordinator to organize constituent lobbying. South Carolina is one of fifteen states that did not...
Dates: 1963 - 1978
- Subject: Women -- Legal status, laws, etc. -- United States X
- Alda, Alan 1
- American Association of University Women. South Carolina Division 1
- Barron, Keller H. (Keller Bumgardner) 1
- Catt, Carrie Chapman, 1859-1947 1
- Collier, Pat 1
- League of Women Voters of South Carolina 1
- League of Women Voters of Spartanburg (S.C.) 1
- Moore, Nancy P. 1
- Moxon, Barbara 1
- National Organization for Women 1
- Planned Parenthood Federation of America 1
- Schlafly, Phyllis. 1
- South Carolina Christian Action Council 1
- South Carolina Coalition for the ERA 1
- South Carolina Commission on Women 1
- South Carolina. General Assembly 1
- South Carolina. General Assembly. House of Representatives. 1
- South Carolina. General Assembly. House of Representatives. Judiciary Committee 1
- South Carolina. General Assembly. Senate. Judiciary Committee 1
- University of South Carolina. Division of Educational Services 1
- Wedlock, Janet 1 ∧ less